Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Battery light came on first then engine light, radio kept…

Customer Question
Battery light came on...

Battery light came on first then engine light, radio kept turning off AND on now when I try to start it it just makes a fast clicking noise

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery? Have you tried testing the alternator?

No neither yet

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?

2010 veracruz

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Veracruz yourself? What have you tried so far?

It just happened I havent done anything but look at the manual

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Engine seems hot

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Hyundai
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/4/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 7 months ago
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by

Hyundai Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 7 months ago

Do the dash lights go off when you try to start?

no
please answer here
hello please answer
Hyundai Mechanic: Mike V., Hyundai Technician replied 7 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Hyundai Technician

HI there

This sounds like a problem with the alternator. The battery light will usually come on when the alternator stops charging, then you will only be running off the battery. Once that happens the battery will lose charge and the car will stop running. This leads to the clicking you are hearing while trying to start it.

You are going to have to have the battery charged and the alternator tested to solve this issue.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!

Mike V.
Mike V.
Mike V., Hyundai Technician