Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have tucson 2016 not doing well at all. No under waranty.

Customer Question
I have tucson 2016...

I have tucson 2016 not doing well at all

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tucson yourself? What have you tried so far?

No under waranty

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have steering wheel noise and agency fix it first time and now it appear again

Mechanic's Assistant: How has the car been driving lately?

On city never drive off road

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Hyundai
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/3/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: FIX IT MAN, Master Technician replied 10 months ago
FIX  IT MAN
FIX IT MAN, Master Technician

Hello, my name is***** you describe the noise,

when Moving steering wheel any direction
they dealer fix it first time by replacing steering linkage at 20.000KM and now 31000km and noise come back again and dealer promise fix today and mention it is not like before it may need need only lubricate and nuts tie so I need your advice to solve this
same noise below
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOW6VssVndc

Thank you. I have seen this before. Most of the time it is either the steering shaft joint that is worn or it has a loose lower control arm. I usually tighten the control arms first. If the noise is still there then the steering shaft needs to be replaced.

noise coming from electric motor
dealer said they got final solution from koria by replace steering flexible coupling as it was damaged by bad steering linkage which they already replaced 6 month back so question is this valid story for new car ?

It should not be occurring but it does due to poor design and the quality of the part. This coupling is part of the steering shaft that I mentioned and it really should not go bad that soon, but it is more of a defect in manufacturing and quality.