Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2007 santa fe 2.7 v6 runs rough ran fine this morning by…

Customer Question
2007 santa fe 2.7...

2007 santa fe 2.7 v6 runs rough ran fine this morning by afternoon it starts fine but runs rough

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Santa Fe yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just started looking at it thinking of changing spark plug wires

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Hyundai
10/1/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Mike, Auto Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Mike, Auto Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen year of experience in the automotive world for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life.

Do you happen to have a scan tool or is it possible to go to a local auto parts to have a quick scan done?

Is it now always running rough?

I have a obd scan tool no check engine light is on and it runs like it is on 5 cylinders but still gets up to speed

ok is it possible to connect the scan tool for any possible pending codes that has not yet triggered the check engine light?

it is late here i am in florida I don't need the car tomorrow as I have alternative transportation to late here to start

ok we can continue tomorrow if you like, have a good night be safe.

tomorrow afternoon would be fine

ok no problem!

have put car into repair shop as it needs coil on one of the cylinders

Thats what I figured but wanted to see which cylinder misfired based on the trouble could, sounds good!

It was my pleasure answering your question. Now that we have either answered, or somewhat answered the question, I will offer my rating. Please let me know if for some reason you are not satisfied with the results I gave you, let me know because I strive for excellence & a 5 star. If you feel 5 star is not worth it, let me know what else I can do or change. Leaving a bad rating or negative rating only hurts me not the site. So please let me know if there is something I can do for you to earn your 5 star rating. Thank you. Sincerely, Michael.