Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Do you happen to know if a radiator support on a 2012

Customer Question
Do you happen to...

Do you happen to know if a radiator support on a 2012 Hyundai Elantra GLS is all one piece?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has any work ever been done on the radiator?

110,000 and not that I know of, the car was in an accident previously and I happened to become the unfortunate owner of an overheating car with a very badly welded together radiator support.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Elantra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, and I have just started on it. I'm currently trying to order parts that definitely need to be replaced.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I get a low oil light before the car begins overheating.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Hyundai
9/30/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 7 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Is part shown in following picture what is welded?

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dfut4grlhwi5pak/radi.pdf?dl=0

George H.
George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician