Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I unplugged my after-market alarm, but the car is not

Customer Question
Hi, I unplugged my...

Hi, I unplugged my after-market alarm, but the car is not starting. I guess it has to do with the starter kill preventing, but I'm not finding it. My car: Sonata 2004

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

The battery is fine, the car was starting before unplugging the alarm system

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sonata yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, myself, first time. I unplugged all the "brain" from the after-market alarm system. and reprogrammed my new keyless fob (oem)

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I guess no, thanks

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Hyundai
9/30/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

Do you still need assistance with the alarm on your Hyundai?

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return.

Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.