Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Engine light came on. got a P0446 code. what do I do to fix…

Customer Question
Engine light came on...

Engine light came on . got a P0446 code . what do I do to fix this problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?

2004 santa fe

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Santa Fe yourself? What have you tried so far?

No probably go to the mechanic

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Know

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Hyundai
9/29/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 10 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

P0446 sets when the fuel tank pressure sensor detects to much vacuum in the fuel tank.This can be an issue with a damaged fuel tank valve or vent valve ( canister close valve) or a restricted charcoal evap canister itself at fault needing replaced.

There was a bulletin released on your model here for more enhanced diagnosis.You have to have this diagnosed/tested further to locate which component is causing this issue.In some cases the fuel tank has to be removed to do the proper testing.

But this will need to be tested further to locate and repair this issue here as one of these will be the cause needing repaired or replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete