Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My son has a 2004 hyundai xg350 which needs a timing belt…

Customer Question
My son has a...

My son has a 2004 hyundai xg350 which needs a timing belt and water pump. The dealer has quoted him 1440.00 for the job. Seems excessive.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the timing belt? Have you ever had to change it before?

About 70,000

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XG350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No it's at a dealership. having problems with excessive exceleration at time

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not off the top. i'm not sure about the exceleration problem being fixed by a timing belt.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Hyundai
9/28/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: George H., Hyundai Technician replied 10 months ago
George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician

Hello I will help,

Yes, those are dealer prices. Find an independent shop that is certified and works on asian vehicles.

There you can expect to pay 4.5 hours for labor. (multiply that by the shop rate ie: 4.5 x $100 mper hour) and add about $150 for a Gates timing and waterpump kit so about half what the dealer wants.

Please let me know if you have further questions, if nothing further please complete the rating

Thanks

Was that the information you needed? If so then please complete the rating. If you have further questions please let me know