Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Had both front axles replaced about 4 months ago by

Customer Question
mechanic. New after market parts...
Had both front axles replaced about 4 months ago by mechanic. New after market parts were used. Brought the car to the dealer due to what I thought was engine noise and he tells me that it is the front axles. Says they are not fitting correctly. My mechanic says they are correct but will change them for OEM.and will charge me if the problem is still there.He's that sure it is not the axles. Is dealer pulling my leg because they want to sell me OEM parts?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Hyundai
9/26/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Mike V., Hyundai Technician replied 10 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Hyundai Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

What type of noise are you hearing?

It's almost like a groan.
Additionally the steering wheel shakes a bit

Does the sound get louder or softer based on speed or if you weave in the lane?

I'll have to recheck that and get back to you

Ok

If there is a change in the sound when weaving it would likely be a wheel bearing issue and not a cv shaft. I am with your guy on this, I doubt the cv shafts would make that kind of a noise. Also, the vibration would lean more towards a wheel bearing then the axle to be honest.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!