Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I took it to auto zone I got codes p0456 and p0442 what's…

Customer Question
I took it to...

I took it to auto zone I got codes p0456 and p0442 what's wrong

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

Those where the codes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

03 Hyundai sanatafe

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not thing so fair I just got the codes and now I'm trying to find out what is wrong

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just that will it be call or email if u could call it wood be easier(###) ###-####

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Hyundai
9/25/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Both of those codes are for small leak detection in the EVAP system , in this case I would check your gas cap seal and make sure its not cracked and also do a visual on the exposed evap hose components, if something is found repair hose and or seal, delete codes and test drive to see if codes reappear