Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2010 Elantra car alarm goes off randomly. It actually…

Customer Question
My 2010 Elantra car...

My 2010 Elantra car alarm goes off randomly.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

It actually happens when I am at work, no where near the car

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Elantra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing so far was not sure if there was something I could try.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thank you, ***** ***** is fine with the car.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Hyundai
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/23/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: davehop, Auto Service Technician replied 10 months ago
davehop
davehop, Auto Service Technician
Hello and welcome to JA..... The problem with your vehicle is that the hood switch warning pad is either worn or missing. The hood switch warning pad is mounted on the hood and when you close your hood it depresses the hood ajar switch which activates the alarm to tell the computer that the hood is ajar or open.... I want you to try something... I want you to sit your alarm by locking the car with your remote control... Tell me if the horn beeps if the horn does not beep when you set the alarm by pressing the lock button twice on your remote I want you to open the hood on the passenger side front when you open the hood there is a small switch mounted on the the fender I want you to press that button with the doors closed and try locking the car and setting the alarm again if the horn beeps then the hood switch pad needs to be replaced look on the hood and look in the area that would contact that switch and tell me if there is a little rubber pad that depresses the little button on top of the switch if the pad is there the fender I want you to press that button with the doors closed and try locking the car and setting the alarm again if the horn beeps then the hood switch pad needs to be replaced look on the hood and look in the area that would contact that switch and tell me if there is a little rubber had that depresses the little button on top of the switch if the pad is there then you need to replace it with the updated pad which is a little bit longer to activate the switch
Did you try what I suggested?
Are you still in need of assistance?