Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The alarm keeps going off every hour, That's the only way to…

Customer Question
The alarm keeps going...

The alarm keeps going off every hour

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

That's the only way to set the alarm because the battery is dead on the key pad

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

It's a 2007 hyundai sonata

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sonata yourself? What have you tried so far?

Wd40 the doors and turn the ignition switch on for 30 seconds

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Hyundai
9/20/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 9 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This can be a common fault.What occurs here is one of the door lock/latches send a false signal on a door being locked and open at the same time.Even if it is unlocked and closed.The latch sends these signals and causes the computer to think someone is breaking into the vehicle and sets off the alarm.The most common latch needing replaced is the drivers door latch as it is the latch that is used the most.

What has to be done is to have a fully compatible scan tool plugged into your model to monitor the door latch signals to locate the latch sending a false signal.Once this is done that latch then needs replaced.Almost ever time I have had to deal with this it was the drivers door latch needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete