Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2014 Hyundai Sonata with 35K miles in it. the check…

Customer Question
I have a 2014...

I have a 2014 Hyundai Sonata with 35K miles in it. the check engine light and the esc light came on when I was driving and I had an immediate loss of power. Could only drive 5 mph. pulled over turned off engine, restarted and car ran fine. The is the second time it happened in last 2 weeks. any thoughts?

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sonata yourself? What have you tried so far?

]haven't tried anything yet, car is still under waranty

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Hyundai
9/19/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Roy, import/domestic specialest replied 11 months ago
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

do or did you have the code read for the light???

it sounds like the fly by wire system for acceleration. everytime there is an issue you turn it off and restart and it resets itself. the usual failure is the throttle position sensor on the throttle body. it is very common. it needs to be confirmed by getting the code which you can get from a parts store for free and then that will help narrow the area of failure.

Roy