Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2007 Santa Fe when I turn right at low speeds a knocking…

Customer Question
Hello 2007 Santa Fe...

Hello 2007 Santa Fe when I turn right at low speeds a knocking sound

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Around the tire has been going on for 5 months

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Santa Fe yourself? What have you tried so far?

No longer fix anything myself just change my own oil.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It happenened once before and the mechanic replaced the ball joint and sway bar links This seemed to work. Do i need to do that again, Pricey

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Hyundai
9/19/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: FIX IT MAN, Master Technician replied 9 months ago
FIX  IT MAN
FIX IT MAN, Master Technician

Hello, my name is***** this can be caused by a number of parts in the suspension it is typically caused by a bad control arm bushing or a loose control arm. I have had a lot of issues with the bolts coming loose that hold the lower arm to the frame. I would check those first. If those are fine then the bushings need to be checked. If those are also fine then I would suspect that you have a strut that has lost its internal pressure as that will cause this type of noise. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Some forums claim that there is a nub stop on one the arms that could be making that sound. Ever heard of that?
Some forums claim that there is a nub stop on one the arms that could be making that sound. Ever heard of that? Any idea of price to fix a bad control arm bushing or a loose control arm?

That can cause it if it is worn out or uneven. As for the bushings, if it needed them it is usually around $200 per side to replace.