Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My Hyundai Sonata 2012 2.0 limited was driving like a turtle…

Customer Question
My Hyundai Sonata 2012...

My Hyundai Sonata 2012 2.0 limited was driving like a turtle I bought one ohf the FIXD units and code p2565 came up it also said turbo boost sensor so I bought a borg warner part put it in and it threw me back in the seat but when I ran the test again it said the ease thing I know there're are cycles it has to go through do you know how to do it

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

Turbo boost control sensor it said code 1 then error code P2565

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sonata yourself? What have you tried so far?

I replaced the sensor with borg warner part # E C1933 it seems to be running better then I can remember but the error code won't go away

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes it said you have to run at least 25 miles before you can reset the code on some models

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Hyundai
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/19/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: davehop, Auto Service Technician replied 11 months ago
davehop
davehop, Auto Service Technician
Hello and welcome to JA....code P2565 is indicating that the Wastegate position sensor signal is higher than expected.....this is most likely caused by an out of adjustment wastegate actuator rod. The wastegate actuator rod falls out of adjustment as the engine has miles on it and we periodically have to adjust the wastegate actuator rod to keep the turbo wastegate actuator operating within its preferred range. Does your scan tool read live data? If so I could instruct you on how to adjust the wastegate actuator rod
It gives me snap shots what measurement am I looking for
If I call you what tools do I need.
You only tool you're going to need to adjust the way skate actuator rod is a 10 millimeter ranch to break the law cut loose however the problem is not all scan fools have the way skeet voltage listed in there available parameters that they can read I know on our Hyundai tester the voltage value that we look for it is the electronic we skeet actuator rod voltage but not oldest and fools have it listed so you're going to have to look down the list of things that you can look at and see if we stay actuator or Westgate voltage position or something like that is listed there otherwise you're not going to be able to tell way your adjusting it too because there's not going to be a voltage value for you to bounce it off of
How do you test to see if the sensor is good
Pardon my response...I was talking into my phone and it sometimes spells things anyway it wants to
We need to see what the voltage is currently at the voltage should be between 3.9 and 4.1 Volts for the wastegate actuator rod with the key on engine off
Let me check an get back to you
There is no voltage is I am testing thr right ones the connector has two silver I am guessing grounds and 3 or 4 copper prongs female the unit has a rod
Pressed power button twice on car with out starting
The connector for the Wastegate actuator has 6 pins going to it....with the key on, backprobe the yellow wire with the positive lead of your dvom and put the negative lead on battery negative post...tell me what the voltage on your dvom reads

ARE YOU STILL IN NEED OF ASSISTANCE?