Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2005 Sonata v6 that recently has started to

Customer Question
randomly lock the car when...
I have a 2005 Sonata v6 that recently has started to randomly lock the car when parked. Yesterday when this happened I unlocked the door the flashers started and it wouldn't start. After a few minutes it started right up. any suggestions ?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Hyundai
9/19/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: gomi_otaku, Technician replied 11 months ago
gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Technician

Are you using a remote key fob to lock/unlock the car? Does it have an LED on it to indicate when a button has been pushed?

it has a red light

Check to see if that LED flashes randomly, when you are not pushing the button. I have had them fail internally and send a signal to the vehicle when buttons are not being pressed. Or try locking it, and removing the battery from the remote.

I will try this and get back with you as this happens randomly. thanks

Sure, no hurry. The site will send you reminders to "rate my answer" but it's not me harassing you, its an automated message.

ok thanks
Today car locked itself but did start. Did not have the key fob