Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It's a 2006 only 22,000 miles runs fine until recently been…

Customer Question
It's a 2006 only...

It's a 2006 only 22,000 miles runs fine until recently been sitting at my in laws for about a year

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '06 Hyundai?

It's an accent it's hold a battery charge for 3 to 4 days tops brand new battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

They said the old batttry wouldn't hold a charge do I bought a new one

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accent yourself? What have you tried so far?

Same thing happened to it when I took it back

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No other way hat that issue it seems to be fine

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Hyundai
9/14/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Mike V., Hyundai Technician replied 11 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Hyundai Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

When it's running are there any lights coming up on the dashboard?

it sounds like you have a parasitic drain on the battery. This is something in the system that's drawing to much power when the car is off. It could be something simple like a light in the trunk or something a bit more difficult. If the car has a trunk light, take it out and see if the issue persists. If it does, then you have to take a meter and look for the draw. If you have good electrical skills you can do this on your own. If not, then you will have to have a shop find the drain and fix it.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!