Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

My hyundai 2007 sonata oil perssure light on and i replaced

Customer Question
the oil temp switch and...
my hyundai 2007 sonata oil perssure light on and i replaced the oil temp switch and still on
JA: Have you checked the oil? How old is your oil pump?
Customer: it ok i just replaced 2 weak ag
JA: Are you fixing your Sonata yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: on
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Hyundai
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/14/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 2 months ago
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request, Please stand by.

Hyundai Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 2 months ago

Do you have 4 cyl or 6 cylinder engine?

4
2.4l eco
Hyundai Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 2 months ago

Did the oil pressure light came on after or before the oil change?

before
after 3 m from starting the car it go
Hyundai Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 2 months ago

Do you also hear any noise from engine or any performance issues along with the oil pressure light?

no
just the light
Hyundai Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 2 months ago

Does the light come on at idle or when driving?

idle
Hyundai Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 2 months ago

Have you checked the oil pressure?

it ok
Hyundai Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 2 months ago

How much oil pressure does it read at idle?

i not sure
but my frinde told me it ok
no answer
Hyundai Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 2 months ago

The symptom you are experiencing point towards low oil pressure. I will recommend to check the oil pressure with engine warmed up. Since there is no engine noise or performance issue there is a possibility of a clogged oil pickup screen.

i can not understand the last p
Hyundai Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 2 months ago

A clogged/dirty oil pick up screen can cause a low oil pressure condition at idle.

i checking again my oil pressure switch and replaced with anew one today nad it working good that main the ather new switch is bad
thank you for help
George H.
George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician