Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

My check engine light is on and my car sometimes shifts kind

Customer Question
of rough at low speeds...
my check engine light is on and my car sometimes shifts kind of rough at low speeds. The error codes are P0760, P0765, and P0775. I've already gotten this checked out and paid to flush out my transmission and get all the solenoids tested (they apparently are working properly and there's nothing wrong with the wiring either) but yet the light came on again less than an hour later and it still has erratic shifts. I don't really have the money to put down for another repair, and I have to drive from New York to Michigan on Sunday. Can somebody tell me if my car is still safe to drive that distance?
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: It stays on. It went off after they flushed it and then came back on again.
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2001 Hyundai XG300
JA: Are you fixing your XG300 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I took it to a repair shop. And all we've tried is flushing the system and testing the solenoids and wires
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just a possibility of what could be wrong, how much it will cost, and if it's safe to drive
JA: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Mechanic's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).
Customer: I was referring to the possible cost of the repair
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Hyundai
9/14/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 2 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hi Chad.
No thanks I don't need to call.

Hey how are you

your issue could be the TCM, if you had teh wiring checked & solenoids

click on link to view pdf file for fault codes

Please let me know if you can view them & we go from there

does it skip when it shifts or just it just shifts hard going from 2nd to 3rd or 3rd to d

Ignore phone call request sorry system,m, sending it not me ,not needed here and will cost more money

Thank You

Chad Farhat

It shifts hard when I put it in drive and sometimes while I'm driving at low speed. i know the error codes had to do with Solenoids B, E, and C and they showed up twice

but no slipping correct ?

That means it goes in neutral right? No it drives fine otherwise.

but no slipping correct ?

how where the solnoid check by repair shop do you know if he pulled them out and did a resistance on them or just check them thru a scanner ?

I believe he said he used a computer to check them. Is that not enough?

that means does the engine going faster than transmission , you will feel like a slip than it grabs ,more evident under load ,like getting on it or going up hill ?

It does kind of a jerk motion, like its slamming into gear.

what is the mileage on it now ?

and does it ever over heat on you or you see a trans temp warning on the dash or just a check engine light ?

would u say does more when it gets hot ? or after driving for little bit ?

was the fluid flushed and when flushed did the check for any metal shavings ?

Just the check engine light. And it usually only does it within the first few minutes of driving. They found metal shavings when they flushed it.

well not what you want to hear , but metal shavings is not a good sign ,and driving long distance might eventually cloge up the valve body and stop pulling and it could be the flush took car of the metal shavings and was minimal , i can not tell

but it sounds internal

now if you drive it around fro like 30 minutes and get it hot and it still works no shifting issues and you driving to new York on interstate and after you get on highway it will be cruising then you can take a chance on it .that will be my opnion on it from what u describing and when u get to new york , u can get used one trans for like $500 or rebuild that one but will cost more

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

What would the metal shavings be from?

The actual clutches internally ?

like we have 2nd ,3rd drive clutches ,they look like brake shoes on car but really thin ,kind like a clutch in a car and they wear out and the metal shavings are the rivets in the clutches

How does that relate to the solenoids?

it will relate where when the metal shavings are circulating in the valve body the solenoids fluid passage will get blocked causing the line pressurizer to rise and the shifting will not be smooth it will build up pressure until it clear the pass from the metal debris and that pressure build when the solenoids release make you feel that bump or jerking when shifting ,usually the hotter it gets the harsher the shift but not all the time depends

Could a transmission specialist be able to scan it and tell me for sure?

yes and it sound the shop you went to does not have the proper equipment you need Hyundai scanner or equivalent ,they can actual do what we call a clutch index volume test to check the thickness of the clutches and see if they pass

good luck to you on the trip

i m about to sign off for the night in 5 minutes

let me know if you need anything else on it

chad

Please Don't Forget to Rate Me before You exist since that is how we get compensated for our time

Thank you

Chad

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat