Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have got a hyundai sonata LPi 2013 which was converted to…

Customer Question
I have got a hyundai...
I have got a hyundai sonata LPi 2013 which was converted to gasoline. Recently, my Engine ECU turned faulty. I ordered for the same ECU found that the Ecu was supposed to work with the LPG model engines and therefore the engine doesn't run well. Since I reside in middle east region, I got myself a used ECU of the gasoline engine(GCC spec car). The engine is working perfect, no missing, everything seems alright but the transmission seems to slip from 2nd gear on wards. Intermitted slipping. Replaced the gearbox to that of a GCC spec car and now the transmission works only for reverse and not forward. Is there any kind of adaptation to perform for the gearbox to work? or can it be the issues of the gearbox I purchased?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Hyundai
9/14/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 11 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, have you checked for any fault codes stored in the computer? If there are any, what are they?

By the symptoms, I suspect that the transmission is faulty.