Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2012 sonata stuck in park. the brake light swiitch

Customer Question

hi i have a 2012 sonata stuck in park. the brake light swiitch has been replaced and all the fuses are fine
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: yes brake fluid is fine
JA: Are you fixing your Sonata yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes i am , brake light switch , tested all the fuses, no codes on the computer and no warning lights are on the dash
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: any help would be great thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Do the brake lights work?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
HI Chris,
yes the brake lights work and i have replaced the brake light switch , I am a tech also

Here is the wire diagram. https://www.dropbox.com/s/9vu2djtsx1xyrjz/shiftlock.pdf?dl=0

Can you access the shift lock and verify power on the yellow wire. Then with the key on and brake pressed see if the BCM is grounding gray wire. If it is then the shift lock solenoid is faulty.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris