peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

My OBD11 Diagnostic Link Connector is not Communicating with

Customer Question

my OBD11 Diagnostic Link Connector is not Communicating with the equipment at the inspection facility
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2066 Hyundai Elantra
JA: What year is your Elantra?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you fixing your Elantra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing it failed inspection
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes. my radio dome light and remote control do not work
JA: Have you checked the vehicle's manual for this?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Do you know if it was powering on at all when they plugged it in?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no it was not i got a jump start from someone the had terminals on the wrong side since then i have had no power on radio

O.k.,most likely fuse 25 in the passenger junction panel fuse block is blown.I would check this fuse and if found blown it will need replaced.If this fuse is found to be o.k. let me know.This is a 15 amp fuse.This fuse panel is located on the drivers side as shown below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0v1k7u5pky8yj7r/fus-09-11.gif?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete