Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My OBD11 Diagnostic Link Connector is not Communicating with…

Customer Question
My OBD11 Diagnostic Link...

My OBD11 Diagnostic Link Connector is not Communicating with the equipment at the inspection facility

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2066 Hyundai Elantra

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Elantra?

2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Elantra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing it failed inspection

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes. my radio dome light and remote control do not work

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Hyundai
9/11/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 8 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Do you know if it was powering on at all when they plugged it in?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete

no it was not i got a jump start from someone the had terminals on the wrong side since then i have had no power on radio

O.k.,most likely fuse 25 in the passenger junction panel fuse block is blown.I would check this fuse and if found blown it will need replaced.If this fuse is found to be o.k. let me know.This is a 15 amp fuse.This fuse panel is located on the drivers side as shown below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0v1k7u5pky8yj7r/fus-09-11.gif?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician