Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe is stuck in limp mode and it won't…

Customer Question
Hi yes my 2007...

Hi yes my 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe is stuck in limp mode and it won't accelerate how can I fix it

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?

Been had one owner prior to me and no I have not checked the filters

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Santa Fe yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried disconnecting the battery and starting to back up again

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes the engine check light is on and the ESC light says off

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Hyundai
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/11/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 11 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. The vehicle can go into limp mode for many reasons. You need to have a code reader put on it and see what fault codes are coming up before we can do anything. If you dont have a code reader you can go to auto zone and they will do it for free.

hows it going?