Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

We have a 2013 santa fe which we took the entire row of back…

Customer Question
We have a 2013...

We have a 2013 santa fe which we took the entire row of back seats out to maximize packing space. Now we are having trouble attaching the double seat to the single seat down by the track. There is a bolt that gets attached with a round split circle with hooks on either end. Do you happen to be familiar with this piece or what it does?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Just if he can describe how it attaches back together or if there is a diagram available?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Hyundai
9/10/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 11 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

I have attached the directions for you

Hi Eric and thank you for your response. In the last diagram at the bottom of page 1 is the area where we have our question regarding the round clip or spring which has hooks on either side of opening. When we removed the seats it appeared to come off of that bolt. We need to know how it goes back on.

HI,

Can you take a photo of the spring you are referring to and use the paperclip icon on your reply box toolbar to upload it here.

HI,

I believe it goes behind the trim piece and is held in place by the bolt, but I dont have diagram showing it to confirm. I will opt out and see if another expert may know how to reinstall it. Sorry I could not be of more help

Thank you, ***** ***** have access to our responses and picture?

yes. they will see the replies and photo.