Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have just installed a rear view camera on my 2013 Santa

Customer Question

I have just installed a rear view camera on my 2013 Santa Fe. Everything works fine except the rear camera is showing two back up pictures which alternate very quickly on the screen. When I put in reverse it fills the screen as normal but continues showing these two images.
JA: Are you fixing your Santa Fe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I installed this myself and I do have a back up warning system that was in the car when I bought it. It works fine, but I do not know if it is part of the problem. I connected the hot wire to the rear camera on to the blue wire and the black to ground. I do not know where the back up system is connected.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, is this a genuine Hyundai rear view camera or aftermarket camera? If aftermarket, I need the brand and model number.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Eric,
It is an aftermarket. It is an Auto vox Cam 1 with an RCA connector (4 pin) 1-Ovp-p 750 ohm
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have already paid 38 dollars and have not received anything as of yet.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Where do I see your communication?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm at a loss to know how your system works, I am confused. Please let me know if I am going to get an answer for my 38 dollar payment. I do not intend to pay any more.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are you going to contact me or not?
Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

HI,

I went thru my manuals and do not have one for the auto vox, so I will need to opt out and see if another expert may have the needed schematics to walk you thru properly hooking it up

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I must go out for a while...will return later