Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Looking for a wiring schematic of the headlights, DRL, and…

Customer Question
Looking for a wiring...

Looking for a wiring schematic of the headlights, DRL, and front signals for a 2016 Santa Fe. the harness got cut under the rad cradle and I need to match up the wires. the cut wires are 1 green 1 blue 4 blacks 2 white

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Hyundai Santa Fe. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Thats it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Hyundai
9/9/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 11 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Do you have HID lights and do you have auto lights?

the lights are auto

Do you have HID lights? What all doesn't work?

the headlights have a halo on top an inside bulb a projector bulb in the middle and signal bulb on the outside. the wiring harness under the rad cradle got cut and I need the wiring schematic to put it back together. looks like the black wires are all black with no stripes...makes matching them up rather difficult.
it is the sport model

The black wires are ground, here are wiring diagrams you wanted. Let me know if there is anything else I can do, thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/763nhajqbakyw9w/hl1.pdf?dl=0

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdsp8ib01dgzixq/hl2.pdf?dl=0

I had a chance to look at the wiring and compare it to the schematic you sent me. the schematic must not be for a 2016 Santa Fe with DRL, halo, and Auto switching. the light assembly has and eight wire plug attached. the schematic you sent has no identification of year make model anywhere on it. has not been helpful. sorry.

It is the right one, probably just not as easy to read as you were hoping. Can you take a picture of wiring you are trying to repair?

I was able to resolve the issue by testing. The schematic was nothing like the wiring on the vehicle. Thanks for trying. But it was no help.

Good to hear you got it figured, thanks for update.

i don't want to give you negative feedback because you responded quickly and seemed to want to help, unfortunately the information you provided was of no help and was the incorrect schematic for the make and model. I am not willing to pay the $35 for what I received but don't think its fair to give you a bad rating either....not sure what to do in this scenario...

You can get a refund without leaving a rating or leave credit on account incase you come back. Would you like me to put in a refund? I appreciate you not leaving a negative refund, thanks.

I'm fine with you keeping the $5 deposit. Thanks for trying to help. Maybe next time!
i just noticed they charged me $27. please process a refund for me. thanks.