Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Won't start. My Mechanic saw a cracked battery cable

Customer Question
Won't start. My Mechanic...

Won't start. My Mechanic saw a cracked battery cable replaced it and it started up. Now dead again. Makes a clicking sound but won't turn over.

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

It was dead a week ago started with a jump and ran all week till tonight, after battery cable replaced. Started 3 times , 4th time was a no go. I can hear it clicking ignition, but also echos in rear of car?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?

2013 Elantra.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Elantra yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, have a private mechanic. He thinks starter, till he read all the bad reviews about 2013 and starting problems

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It did it 6 months ago too. Mechanic checked battery and it is fine and also alternator

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Hyundai
9/9/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: tech0405, Technician replied 11 months ago
tech0405
tech0405, Technician

When you crank the vehicle can you hear the noise coming from the starter area ??

I
I hear a klicking noise when I turn the key. It was even hard to start with a jump.
If you battery voltage at the battery that is good check to make sure you are getting a signal to the starter while cranking on the positive cable and also the electronic solenoid activation for the starter while cranking it you have both signal and the car won't crank you will need a new starter . I hope this helps please don't forget to provide positive feedback /star rating for the help provided thank you