Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My Hyundai 2006 Hyundai is not supplying power to the radio,

Customer Question
Hey there my Hyundai...

Hey there my Hyundai 2006 Hyundai is not supplying power to the radio

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

Where can I check the fuse?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '06 Hyundai?

sonata

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sonata yourself? What have you tried so far?

I was replacing the radio and the new radio worked however while putting it back it shut off and now there is no power to the system mat all

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't believe so

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Hyundai
9/8/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 11 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Check fuse 26 and fuse 24 on interior fuse box, these are both for the radio. One of them have probably shorted out. If you are installing a aftermarket radio it might be a good idea to pull radio out and tape wires better so they don't short again in future. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Would I have to replace the fuse?
would I have to replace the fuse and how would I know if it shorted?

Yes you would have to replace fuse and if you remove fuse you will be able to see if the link is burned out. Here is a picture that shows a good fuse vs a blown fuse. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

-

http://projectlab.engphys.ubc.ca/wp-content/uploads/fuse-blown-vs-good_resize.jpg

thank you I am going to check right now

Sounds good, keep me updated. Thanks.

Ever get it figured out? Please do not forget to rate answer as I am not compensated for information/time until you leave rating, thanks.