Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 year in the Auto repiar business ASE Certified
7276279

MY 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Turbo had water in the passenger

Customer Question

MY 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Turbo had water in the passenger foot well. Checking online, it is probably a clogged ac drain line. Where exactly is that line located under the car so I could unplug it?
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: No. Should I bring it in to a dealer?
JA: Are you fixing your Santa Fe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have not tried anything.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

The AC drain can be access from under the car , its located in the middle of the firewall where it comes out of the AC /heater plenum down at the bottom of the case. I have enclosed the factory diagram in the link below . The drain hose is #13 in the diagram. Have a look and see if this will help you located it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbiuobzkzvv7qfe/Drain%20Hose%20Sep%208.pdf?dl=0

Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Just checking in to see if your still needing help with this , if so please post back and we can work from there if need be. If not then please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.