Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My trip/reset button stopped working and the dome light

Customer Question
My trip/reset button stopped...

My trip/reset button stopped working and the dome light ntermittently goes on. I can turn it all off with the overhead switch.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual for this?

Just stared checking forums...this started last week

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?

2011 hyundai sonata 2.4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sonata yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have not tried been n on the road and just stated digging into this

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Started

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Hyundai
137,000 miles.
When I hit the button firmly yesterday it worked today it did not. Also when overhead switch in neutral position , trip computer was workkng, when left sideb"off position depreseed, trip info did not work
Sorry for the typos
Answered in 1 day by:
9/9/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 11 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Possible causes include the IP Cluster, DIC, MICU, wiring short or open circuit. I need to get the last 8 of the vin to pull the schematics and if you are planning to repair yourself, you will need a voltmeter and test light

Thanks.Wanted to see the answer before making g a decision.Last 8 are BH287283.
thinking it is a short as this am I cucled through the trip sequence with the steering wheel button, but it stopped on distance to empty..then would not move.
I did notice about a month ago that the phone buttons reversed hit stop and it asked me for a command like I was initiating a call. .but has not done it again.
Thanks for your help.. my brother in law has the tools needed. He is a car buff...but mainly old Chevys.

I am sorry but I will need to opt out as I do not have these schematics. If another expert can help, they will post here to you

Noted with thanks