Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Second opinion] Hu! I hang a 2010 santa fe 4 cylinder fwd…

Customer Question
Second opinion] Hu! I...

Second opinion] Hu! I hang a 2010 santa fe 4 cylinder fwd with engine jerkin or jumping when placed in drive position (don't do it in reverse ) I have replaced the rear and front mounts . Any suggestions of what else could be causing it?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

115000 and it is automatic

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Santa Fe yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I have replaced front and rear mounts

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is all

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Hyundai
Answered in 4 days by:
9/10/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If it only happens when putting the trans in drive but not reverse then I wouodl first suspect a mount issue, but it could be high idle speed or even an issue in the transmission.

Can you describe the physical location of the mounts that were replaced?

Was there anything wrong with the ones that were removed?

Has there been any body damage, did the problem start after work was done, an accident, etc?