Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

We bought a Hyundai Sonata Limited 2015 two years ago. When…

We bought a Hyundai...

We bought a Hyundai Sonata Limited 2015 two years ago. When I first drove the car on a freeway I felt a vibration sensation between speeds of about 65 - 70 mph, similar to what is experienced when the wheels are misaligned. The service department of the dealer I bought it from at first refused to acknowledge there was a problem and then, after the dealer's GM intervened, examined it and claimed to have fixed it. The problem soon re-surfaced, if it was ever fixed. I tried a different Hyundai dealer's service department with about the same outcome. A complaint to the Hyundai Corp. merely produced a response referring us back to a dealer. To this day the problem persists.

Mechanic's Assistant: Besides this, what condition is the car in?

Excellent.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sonata Limited yourself? What have you tried so far?

Dealer service / repair shops.

8/19/2017
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

I recommend you test drive another Sonata and verify it does not have the issue. Ask the dealer to put those wheels and tires and your car and test it. If the concern is gone then you have a bad or bent rim or a tire with hard spots or one out of round or a balance concern. If the wheel and tire sap does not help then you have an alignment issue or a weak strut, or a defective axle shaft and CV joint.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician