Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

My 2007 Hyundai Accent stopped running abruptly while

Customer Question
Hello, My 2007 Hyundai Accent stopped...
My 2007 Hyundai Accent stopped running abruptly while shopping and I was advised to check the fuel pump.
I have made the following checks:
1) applied 12v to the pump connection terminals and heard it whine (both ways; +/-)
2) put a voltmeter across the pump connector and saw no voltage when the key was turned to ON and 12V when turned to START with the engine cranking over
3) applied 12v to the pump connection terminals (both ways; +/-) and turned the key to START but the engine cranked over without starting.
4) interchanged the fuel pump relay with other relays and repeated # 3)
5) checked the fuel pump fusible link
Can you advise what to try next?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Hyundai
8/14/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 6 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

I am sorry all other techs have passed on this issue. I just now have gotten all caught up and am available. If help is still needed, let me know and I can help now or tomorrow.

George H.
George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician