Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

My remote is dead and the car is locked. I can open key. The

My remote is dead and the car is locked. I can open key. The alarm goes off. So I can not start the car.
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?
Customer: sonata 2004
JA: Are you fixing your Sonata yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Are you talking about the remote. when i open it the little switchers have come off.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is there a valet switch and where would it be.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

You will need a factory scanner or equivalent to run a diagnostic scan & retrieve fault codes from the alarm module in the vehicle and based on these fault codes we can pull uop the troubleshoot
It could anti theft module, the receiver, hood switch , door switch, wiring etc.. , it could be number of reasons & there is not a fuse or a relay that you can pull out to disconnect it unfortunatley
If you do get it scanned post the fault code back here for me and I can help you further on it and be more accurate .

But we can try a master reset

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 15 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
there is no valet switch?

no i m sorry there is not one

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your help. I will have to try it a bit later.

sounds good , sometime ti will reset ,if it does get ursefl going and then have it scaned ,chances will do it again

YOU ARE WELCOME

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Apreciatted

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation.

Please kindly rate Me ,A 5 Star Rating is Much Appreciated.

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,

You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert

that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please Keep in Mind that when You Rate Me , it Does Not End Our Conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

I 'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till LATE PM Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did something slightly different to what you suggested.
Reset Procedure
1, open drivers door and wilt till alarm stops.
2, put key in ignition and turn to "on " position. (leave car door open.
3, Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )
4- Leave for 60 secs
5- Reconnect battery Cables
6, try and start the car.
7, turn car off, close and lock the car door. .
8, Unlock the car door and restart the car.This worked like a treat.
Silvio
PS. I have left a rating.
Awesome news man , great job
Thank you for the Rating :)
If you need my assistance in the future Start your Question with (FOR CHAD FARHAT ONLY) or Go to my profile pagehttp://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-chadfarhat/?rpt=3800Chad