Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My gear is not functional it was in gear 1 one and i was…

Customer Question
My gear is not...

My gear is not functional it was in gear 1 one and i was pressing clutch to the end and all of a sudden i heard a griding noise

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?

No trouble shifitng but ders a grinding noise

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?

Hyundai accent 2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accent yourself? What have you tried so far?

There was grinding noise so i topped up the gear box oil

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It moved for some time normally and i parked the car and after 10 mins its not entering gear again the clutch is extremely strong

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Hyundai
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/8/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Mike V., Hyundai Technician replied 10 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Hyundai Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Just so I am clear here, you can put the car into gear but it won't move?