George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

Engine not starting, has spark and fuel. had code for cam

Customer Question

engine not starting, has spark and fuel. had code for cam sensor, replaced sensor. still no fire.
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: cam sensor, scanner showed code for bad cam sensor
JA: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?
Customer: 2006 Tiburon gt 2.7L
JA: Are you fixing your Tiburon yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, replaced cam sensor, checked for spark and fuel
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: car was running rough and had now power before I changed the cam sensor. now it won't start.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 2 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** have been a dealer tech for 20 years. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

Have you verified the oil level is full?

Please also note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have.

CLICK HERE for rating system example.

Please read this:

Understand it's not one response and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.

1. I am an independent FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also work for Just Answer.

2. When you're pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say "I'm satisfied".

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thanks for using Just Answer.