Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I am a grandma and know nothing about cars. My 2009 Hyundai…

Hello, I am a...

Hello, I am a grandma and know nothing about cars. My 2009 Hyundai Accent shows error codes P0300, P0301, and P0302. Any idea what the problem(s) could be?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?

140k. Yes, my son scanned it and those were the codes that came up.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accent yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, don't have that ability!

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How can I tell if the car needs a new clutch?

8/6/2017
KALAMYKID
KALAMYKID, Shop Owner/ Tech

Codes 302 and 302 are for miss fires on cylinders 1 and 2. This can be a bad plug wire/ coil boot, bad coil, bad spark plug, or moisture in the spark plug tubes. These codes can also be set if the compression in those two cylinders are low, the injectors are not spraying fuel into the cylinder, a vacuum leak, or low fuel pressure. The first thing that needs to be done will be to remove the coils and inspect them for moisture. This can include oil, water and coolant. If there is any moisture in the spark plug tubes or on the coil boots, then the coil needs to be replaced, the spark plugs replaced and the spark plug tubes cleaned and dried before it is put back together. If the coils are clean and dry and there is no moisture in the spark plug tubes, then the cylinders need to have there compression tested with a compression tester to see if the cylinders are weak. I can walk your son through the testing if he is willing to help you out.

Thank you. Is this answer for all 3 codes? I also asked how do I tell if I need a new. Kitchen?
If I need a new clutch.

Yes this is for all three codes. The first code p0300 is for a random miss fire, this codes sets anytime there is a miss fire, and is a general code to let you know there is something starting to go wrong. The best way to knwo if the clutch is worn and may need to be replaced soon is to slowly let out of the clutch. If the clutch starts to engage soon after you start to let up on the clutch pedal close to the floor, then the hydrolic system is in need of being looked at for leaks, or a bad master cylinder. If the clutch itself is going bad, then the clutch will disengage shortly after you start to depress the clutch pedal, and not engage till you have your foot almost all the way off of the clutch pedal.

KALAMYKID
KALAMYKID, Shop Owner/ Tech