Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

2007 Hyundai Accent. OBD codes misfire #1,2,3. Looking at…

Hi pearl. 2007 Hyundai...

Hi pearl. 2007 Hyundai Accent. OBD codes misfire #1,2,3. Looking at plugs and 1,2,3 slightly wet #dry with evidence of proper burn. Replaced all spark plugs with quality. Replaced crank position sensor. Swapped coil packs around several times. Same ODB codes. Same cylinders. Clear codes between attempts. Upon initial start, it appears at least 2 maybe 3 cylinders firing. After about 15 seconds it goes down to 1, presumably #4 than engine dies about 5 seconds later. ***** *****

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you seen the misfire code before? Has the car been stalling?

Daughters car happened first time yesterday. Working in a parking lot at this time. Better than side of interstate

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accent yourself? What have you tried so far?

Please read long description

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can you pass him the description?

8/6/2017
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

Misfires can be caused by ignition, ie: plugs, wires, coils etc.
They can also be caused by fuel delivery to the cylinder by a
bad injector or an injector that has no power to it.
Lastly, low compression will cause a misfire as well as a plugged exhaust.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Having trouble getting my card entered but was that your final answer?
Phone call session started

Thanks again for the call and let me know if you need more help.

hi ron, a follow up to the 2007 hyundai accent of an hour ago, the noid light tests OK for all cylinders. the compression test shows about 40# ***** 1,2,3 and about 140# ***** number 4. does this mean that the pistons have touched and damaged the valves on the up-stroke? if so, how did #4 survive?steve
BTW, do i have to pay again for the follow up question? steve

No more paying, that's done.

That one does show it as being an interference engine, yes. The belt service interval for replacement was 60K.

Sorry about that.

Thanks again, Ron

ok bear in mind it is a timing chain. do you mean the chain interval was 60K?
was it a fluke that cylinder 4 survived?

Yes for both of your questions. All Data showed me the intervals.

Thanks again, Ron

ok thanx brother. i will give you 5 stars. have a good day. steve

Thanks Steve, you too.

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor