George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

I have 05 santafe wheel lock due to brake issue, good,

Customer Question

i have 05 santafe wheel lock due to brake issue
JA: Besides this, what condition is the car in?
Customer: good
JA: What is the model of your '05 Hyundai?
Customer: santafe
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: changed front pads and rotors, abs module, brake booster, master cylinder
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok i will be waiting for ur answer. i owned a dealership and have good experience of repair work.

Ok so this system dosent need any special programing or initialization from the computer, how did you bleed the system

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
manually. pedal pump and release air on each wheel one by one

with the module replacement you may have some air caught up I also like to use a hose and bottle method as this method has never failed me, what wheel is locking up? are you getting any abs codes?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
all 4 wheel locking up after a mile driven. no air in the system for about a mile the brakes work perfect. but after that all 4 wheel locks up and it bearly move.

do you have a scanner that can access the abs system?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i checked no abs codes. abs light comes on when key is on position and goes off after start.

so when you have a wheel lock up are you noticing anything weird on the scanner as far as your numbers go or have you done that yet?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
what should i look up on the scanner when the car barelly moves. what exactly u want me to look for.

I would start with a wheel speed sensors output and a variance in those, anything more than 1mph difference or a lagging in the numbers to catch up to the other wheels would be keys to look for

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
reading on all wheels looks the same. no difference as long as the vehicle moves.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
all wheels speed sensor shows same reading

ok hold on be right back with some more info

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
do u have any idea whats wrong with it.

hey sorry about that wait, I wasent able to pull up any more information on that ill open it back up to the other techs for help

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok. i will be waiting
Expert:  George H. replied 2 months ago.

Hello, different expert here.

When the wheels lock up try loosening the nuts holding the master to the booster. If the wheels come free you need to shorten the pushrod in the booster or put a couple of washers between the master and the booster.

Let me know what happens

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok. let me try that

Ok, let me know what happens