George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

I have a 2002 Accent the windshield wipers have been working

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Accent the windshield wipers have been working slower and now they're struggling to even move. Thought sure it would be the wiper motor. I just put a new wiper motor on and now it's even worse.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: No I didn't. I didn't think it would be a fuse because I figured it wouldn't work at all. So I'm guessing it's an issue with getting power to it.
JA: Are you fixing your Accent yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have been. I just put the wiper motor on hoping it would fix it. I will probably just take it somewhere.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all I have so far
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

So the first thing we need to do is check power and ground at the wiper motor and see what numbers you get