Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Air conditioner stopped working suddenly 2011 Tucson. Trying…

Customer Question
Air conditioner stopped working...

Air conditioner stopped working suddenly 2011 Tucson

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

NO

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tucson yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to diagnose prob...

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It was working fine , no prob, then all of the sudden... no cool air

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Hyundai
8/4/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Mike V., Hyundai Technician replied 11 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Hyundai Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

The very first thing to do anytime the a/c stops working is check the freon level. You can do this with a kit from the parts store. If the gauge reads good, then you know other items need to be tested, but if its low you can add some and usually that will get it up and running again. But this is the first step, even in the shop. Once the freon drops to under half a pound, the pressure switch will turn the compressor off.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!