Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

Both front doors will not open from outside. 2015 Elantra…

Customer Question
Both front doors will...

Both front doors will not open from outside

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?

2015 Elantra

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Elantra yourself? What have you tried so far?

No

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Hyundai
8/5/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 6 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Do the front door locks work correct and the interior door handles?

Most likely the linkage between the handles and latch have come off or the latches have failed. This diag and repair will result in removing the interior door trim panel. If you can do that I can help you address this.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

How do you remove the inner panel?
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician