Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

209 tucson cruise illuminates on dash board when i push the…

Customer Question
209 tucson cruise illuminates...

209 tucson cruise illuminates on dash board when i push the botton when i try to set by pushing the lever downward and releasing it the set light goes out and cruise doesn't engage

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Tucson?

Yes i checked the fuses 2009

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tucson yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes changed the brake switch

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The sm radio when i put it on on has a message check atten

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Hyundai
Answered in 1 day by:
8/5/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are quite a few things that can prevent cruise from working and it will require some testing to determine what is going on. The problem could be with the switch itself, the brake switch, wiring, the cruise control module, or cruise may be disabled due to another powertrain issue and a fault code being set.

The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to use a scan tool to see if any fault codes have set, and if there are then those issues will need to be repaired first. If there are no related codes set then monitoring data while driving will be necessary to determine why cruise isn't being allowed.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!