Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I'm trying to determine if my 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport…

Customer Question
Hi. I'm trying to...

Hi. I'm trying to determine if my 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport came equipped with a base factory install towing wiring kit as standard or not?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

No, I do not have a wiring diagrahm

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Santa Fe yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm going to install a wiring harness from an after market provider (etrailer), but need to know if the vehicle comes equipped with a trailer wiring prep kit as standard or if I need to purchase a harness kit from scratch

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, that's it thx

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Hyundai
8/2/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: davehop, Auto Service Technician replied 11 months ago
davehop
davehop, Auto Service Technician
Hello and welcome to JA....you will need to look under the left rear of the bumper to see if the trailer wiring harness is there. If so, the connector will have a dummy plug in it. If it's not there Hyundai does sell a trailer harness kit that will plug right in.
Did you look under the left rear of the bumper?