Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Disconected battery from my 2005 Hyundai santa fe 3.5 engine…

Customer Question
Disconected battery from my...

Disconected battery from my 2005 Hyundai santa fe 3.5 engine and now it won't idle and keeps stalling

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?

No engine light and it stalls at idle only

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Santa Fe yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and have not done anything

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No just that it was running fine and it does not idle after that i have heard about a relearn procedure

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Hyundai
7/31/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 9 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. disconnect the mass airflow sensor and see if it stays running.

I'm at work I will work on the vehicle tomorrow morning

ok, ill be here

Hows it going?

George H.
George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician