Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Steering wheel is locked up and the car wont start, its a…

Customer Question
Steering wheel is locked...

Steering wheel is locked up and the car wont start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you applied constant pressure to the steering wheel while turning the key in the ignition?

Its a push start

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?

2011 sonata

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sonata yourself? What have you tried so far?

No i'm at work its out in the parking lot and I haven't tried much I wasn't sure what to do

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Hyundai
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/31/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: Kevin, Auto Mechanic replied 11 months ago
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic

Hi im kevin do lights and radio work ? Interior lights ?

those things work but the engine hasn't been starting

Ok do you have a voltmeter ?

I don't think so I'd have to check my trunk

I would want to confirm that the battery has sufficiant voltage

I got the car to start...im not sure what I did but it worked

Ok keep an eye on it ,it may be worth having battery replaced in key .glad your running please remember to rate my service to you