Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

I have a 2012 Elantra and I can't get the radio to come

Customer Question
Hi, I have a 2012...
Hi, I have a 2012 Elantra and I can't get the radio to come on.Checked the fuse and it's ok. Have you a solution?
JA: Besides the radio, are any other circuits affected?
Customer: no
JA: Are you fixing your Elantra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My friend do and he only checked the fuse.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Hyundai
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/30/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: davehop, Auto Service Technician replied 4 months ago
davehop
davehop, Auto Service Technician
Hello and welcome to JA.....does your radio power up, but you just have no sound?
No power
Ok.....can you disconnect both the positive and negative battery cables and remove them from the battery, then using a jumper wire , hold them together for 30 seconds, then reconnect and tell me if the radio comes back to life.

Did you do as I suggested?

Are you still in need of assistance?
George H.
George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician