Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2004 sonata 2.4L just replaced the crankshaft position…

Customer Question
My 2004 sonata 2.4L...

My 2004 sonata 2.4L just replaced the crankshaft position sensor but still won't start... it started right before I put everything together but right after I finished and closed the hood I tried to start it and it didn't work... it also gives me the code p0335 still

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the vehicle stall at low speeds? Does it sputter?

Before I replaced the sensor I felt like if it loose power... until it didn't start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sonata yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just replaced the crankshaft position sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's pretty much all... when I try to start it it won't even crank like if the starter is bad?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Hyundai
7/29/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: davehop, Auto Service Technician replied 11 months ago
davehop
davehop, Auto Service Technician

HELLO AND WELCOME TO JA....THAT CODE, P0335, INDICATES NO SIGNAL FROM THE CRANK SENSOR....IT IS POSSIBLE, THAT EITHER ONE OF TWO THINGS HAVE HAPPENED...EITHER THE SENSOR AND/OR THE CRANKSHAFT TARGET WHEEL ARE INSTALLED WRONG...IVE ACTUALLY DONE THIS IN A HURRY ONCE...OR THE WIRING TO THE SENSOR MAY HAVE BROKEN WHEN IT WAS FED UP FROM THE SENSOR TO THE CONNECTOR...IVE DONE THIS ALSO...CAN YOU POSSIBLY GET A LOOK AND SEE IF THE WIRING IS INTACT?

Are you still in need of assistance?