Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Hyundai Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Hyundai Diagnostics
18617752

My airbag light won't go out, No, It is a 2010 Hyundai Santa

Customer Question

My airbag light won't go out
JA: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?
Customer: No
JA: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?
Customer: It is a 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe
JA: Are you fixing your Santa Fe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Disconnected the battery terminals and check all the plug under the seat
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's my only problem trying to get the airbag light off
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and type out my reply. Sit tight one minute... I'll be right back!

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for holding!

Unfortunately, there is no 1-answer, "it's this..." type of answer here. When the air bag light comes on, there is a problem in the system somewhere. This can be a problem with the seat belts, to a problem with an impact sensor to problem with the seat occupancy sensor (which is common on these vehicles!). At this point, the Diagnostic Trouble Codes will need to be scanned from the on-board computer. These trouble codes will more accurately point to the part or sensor that has the problem and from there, the correct repair can be made. "Some" local parts stores, like AutoZone, will have the correct scan-tool to scan the codes. If you cannot find one that does, then unfortunately, a shop will be needed. Like I say though, the passenger's seat occupancy sensor is a common fail item here, but again, we'd need those codes to confirm. Please be kind enough to leave a rating for our Q&A using the 'stars' at the top of the page or click 'Accept' when I have answered all your questions. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

..

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

Were there any other questions I could help you with today?

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

..

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

HI! I noticed this Q&A was still open, so I wanted to check in and see if there was anything else I could do for you on this? Any other questions you had?