Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Hyundai sonata blower fan not working it turns on then after

Customer Question

Hyundai sonata blower fan not working it turns on then after a day or two it turns off
JA: What year is your Sonata?
Customer: 2011
JA: Are you fixing your Sonata yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I took off the glove box and can see the cables for the AC blower i wiggled everything but it didn't work
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: The AC is working fine, the blower itself will work somedays and not other days
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Hyundai
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
AC is blowing cold, but blower intermittently works. Does this mean it is the Blower Motor Resistor?
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Dan
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

This most likely means the blower motor itself is failing, the blower motor resistor wouldn't be a intermittent problem. Next time it stops working unplug the blower motor and see if it has good power/ground with switch in high position, if so replace the blower motor. Here are replacement instructions, let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ygd3xxqvj0yozrc/bmrrs.pdf?dl=0

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How do I get the blower motor out? There is an additional panel under the glove box that looks like is covering it but don't know how/where to remove screws?
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

The manual doesn't show any specific screws for lower panel so it should just pull out. I'd recommend looking toward bottom of pane to make sure there are no screws that need to be removed, if not just pull on panel and it should snap out of place. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Ever get it figured out? Thanks