Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

P0455 and p2191 codes. intermittent no start. will start on…

Customer Question
P0455 and p2191 codes...

P0455 and p2191 codes. intermittent no start. will start on carb cleaner when acting up

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes. engine cranks fine fires and quits

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?

2012 accent hatchback

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Hatchback yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am a repair shop and we have tried the high pressure fuel pump, it has new factory o2 sensors, it has 70 psi fuel pressure fron the in tank pump and plenty of fuel volumn

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

This has been on ongoing issue for a while

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Hyundai
7/25/2017
Hyundai Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 7 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site, the first thing I notice is that the fuel pressure is too high.

the spec i have is 65 to 75 psi from the intank pump to the high pressure fuel pump
i prefer not to call

just ignore the pop ups. thats not me asking for a call

the pressur regulator is built in to the pump correct?

yes sir

would the elevated fuel pressure cause a lean at high speed code tho?

thats the million dollar question, if the pressure was on the inside of the range I would say no.But its just on the outside of the range. Which normally causing a lean condition. let me pull the diagnostics up for the code.

2191 specifically says running lean at a higher load.

i find no air leaks. we have a new high pressure fuel pump. it will start on alternate fuel. fuel rail pressure cranking shows 600 to 700 psi. it will fire and quit, but at times it will start and run and you can drive it. i drove it 10 miles testurday. got back and shut it off. tried to start it 2 minutes later and would not start
David are you still here or did I loose you?
Lose

im here

Not sure where to g from here, so I ill open this up to the others who can chime in on the issue. good luck

Does the system shut the fuel down if it sees a rich condition?
George H.
George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician